Both EU and non-EU candidates who possess a High School Diploma (or equivalent foreign qualification) can apply for the single-cycle master’s degree program in Medicine and Surgery taught in English (Harvey course).
Note: for UK and US applicants, 3 A-Levels in Scientific Subjects or 3 AP's in scientific topics are required.
The access is numerus clausus, with a limited number of places made available every year. Candidates must sit an entry exam (International Medical Admission Test, IMAT), and admission will depend on the position in the ranking issued based on the scores obtained by each candidate.
Applicants must follow the following steps:
- Pre-enrollment (only for non-EU applicants not regularly residing in Italy): apply for a visa for study purposes by pre-registering through the UniversItaly portal and, after the University has validated the application, go to the Italian diplomatic representations located in their country of residence to complete the procedure; eventually, request the evalutation of your school diploma (more details at the bottom of this page).Deadline to pre-enroll: 31 August every year
- Book the test on UniversItaly before the deadline, and take the entry test at the testing centre of your choice, in Italy or abroad (check the Admission test page for additional information);
- In case you result “assigned” (“assegnato”) to the University of Pavia in the general ranking (in relation to the number of places available), proceed with the enrollment (find further details on the After admission page and at the bottom of this page).
Complete information about the admission test and the enrollment procedure will be provided in the annual ADMISSION NOTICE
Check all administrative information for the call and enrollment here
For more information, how to enroll online for the examination or about the enrollment procedure, please contact the Admission Office at the e-mail address email@example.com.
1. Identify the competent Italian authority in your country:
EU citizens do not need a visa to enter Italy.
Non-EU student residing outside of Italy need to start the online pre-enrollment application in order to request the visa.
To find out whether you need to apply for a study visa (type D) at the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence, and what documentation you need, follow this link.
Further and detailed information is available here: procedures for entry, residency and enrollment of International students.
2. Submit the pre-enrollment application in due time:
Bear in mind to upload:
- high school diploma or bachelor degree
- translation of your documentation in English or Italian
- admission / conditional offer letter
If we have not received your pre-enrollment application through the portal, we will not confirm your enrollment at the University.
3. Complete the visa application at the competent Italian authority:
The pre-enrollment for visa application must be completed at the competent diplomatic-consular mission. Check the Embassy/Consulate contacts here.
4. What to do with your visa:
With the visa you are allowed to travel back and forth to Italy.
Remember to upload it in your Student Portal to confirm your enrollment at the University of Pavia.
The verification procedure in order to learn if the diploma you obtained abroad is eligible is mandatory and must be performed before enrollment. Please follow the following steps:
- submit the application on the dedicated online platform https://apply.unipv.eu/en_GB/
- attach the documents required
- pay an application fee of 35,00 euros
In the absence of the outcome of the foreign degree eligibility evaluation, the admitted candidate cannot be enrolled. Applicants who indicate the University of Pavia as their first choice, must send their application for verification of their school diploma admission eligibility by July 22, 2022.
You can also ask the Italian Embassy (not urgent):
– CODICE FISCALE, a personal tax code necessary to undertake most procedures (otherwise this can be done in Italy upon arrival) – more details at this link (section CODICE FISCALE)
– FISCAL DOCUMENTATION to pay university taxes based on your family income. The documentation must contain all information on the family economic situation (composition of the family, also indicating any family member with disabilities, incomes of all family members, square meters of properties, family holdings) and must be translated into Italian and legalised by the Italian diplomatic representation in your country.
1. Registration at the University of Pavia’s student area
Access the link and register to obtain your login credentials (username and password);
- this step is not necessary if you already have credentials to access the Student Area of the University of Pavia;
- in case of loss of your credentials, you must request a new password according to the instructions available on the web page.
Access your Student Area with your credentials, select the menu item SEGRETERIA > TEST DI AMMISSIONE (ADMISSIONS > ADMISSION TEST), choose the dedicated competition Abilitazione candidate ammessi all’immatricolazione – Medicina e Chirurgia in inglese and complete the procedure.
2. Finalization of enrollment
Follow the instructions at the link. The dedicated office will enroll eligible candidates after checking the payment of the first tuition fee within the set deadline and, in case of students having a study title obtained abroad, only after receiving the required documents.
Following the enrolment, candidates will receive a welcome email and will be able to see their academic career as active in their personal Student Area.
- [TSS] - Titolo di Scuola Superiore