According to the Harvey course regulations, exam sessions are scheduled as follows:
- February (winter session for first semester lectures): two sessions;
- June (summer session for second semester lectures): two sessions;
- First session for retakes: (for both first and second semester lectures) from July 20th onwards;
- Second session for retakes (for both first and second semester lectures): the first week of September;
- Third retake session: December (for both first and second semester lectures): from 10th to 17th December.
The dates of the sessions for specific courses can be found here.
The study plan is the complete set of exams that you need to sit in order to graduate.
Each degree programme envisages a certain number of learning activities (course units, laboratories, other activities): some are compulsory, others are elective. The sum of the compulsory and elective activities represents your study plan.
When compiling your study plan, you can choose some exams from a predetermined list (optional) and others with complete freedom (free choice) in order to achieve the credits required for graduation.
You can also submit an individual study plan including courses that are not listed in your Study Programme In this case, you have to submit the official request (Istanza al Rettore) to the Student’s Affair Office and get the approval by the Study Program Board.
Extra credit exams
“Esame in sovrannumero” in Italian, do not contribute to achieve the required number of credits necessary graduation: passing them is optional and therefore they are not included in calculation of the score average. Students can add up to 24 crediti of these exams for each academic year. Please note that Exams from Faculty of Medicine and Surgery cannot be added as extra credit exam to the study plan, unless you are a Medicine student. Please check the Academic Regulations of your study programme to verify if there are any limits to the inclusion of specific as extra courses.
How to submit the study plan
A study plan can be presented by properly enrolled students who have paid their tuition fees. The study plan must be presented via the Student Portal. The forms and methods of presentation are detailed on the website of the degree programme.
When to present your study plan
You can present your study plan from October until December and amend it throughout the year. An email will be sent to your university email box several days before as a reminder.
Amend the Study plan
- Enrolled student in regular position: can review and modify the study plan during the period when the system is open for study plan.
- Enrolled student in repeating position: doesn’t need to reconfirm the last study plan but can amend it submitting the official request (Istanza del Rettore) within the deadlines to the Student’s Affair Office.
- Student about to graduate: can amend the study plan 2 or 3 months before the graduation submitting the request (Istanza al Rettore) to the Student’s Affair Office. A service fee of 82 euros will be charged